|A completely random picture of my beloved Flatirons taken with my dream camera|
As it has been a few months, well actually a lot, since I last did one of these posts I think I will do a check in with my goals for the year.
– Get down to 125 lbs
– Loosing weight is so incredibly hard for me. I have given up paying attention to a number on the scale
and have been focusing on eating healthy and staying active.
– Write at least one non-phot blog post a week
– Yup this one is very obviously not happening as there is rarely new content. I am planning on changing
this now that I am done with my master’s degree and am on the hunt for a job.
– Finish my reading plan for the bible
– This has been put on hold as I do some thinking about what I believe.
– Learn to listen to my gut
– I have been so much better at this than I was last year. I may not always change my current course, but
I have been stopping and trying to figure out what my gut is telling me.
– Get a website and blog up and running
– This has been slow. I have both done, but have yet to launch them. I am a little afraid of what the effect
might be. I have been using the excuse that J needs to help me with coding.
– Put together a portfolio
– I have the pictures printed, so now I just need to buy something to put them in.
– Get a big girl job
– I have been putting in about 2 applications a month with no bites. Now that I am done with school I am
going to be putting all my time toward finding a job.
Run a 5k in under 35 minutes
– SUCCESS. My fastest time so far has been 32:10.
– Go on a 50 mile bike ride
– I are still working on this.
Hike at least once a week and once a month with Jason
– I have decided that running 2 – 3 times a week is enough foot moving to count.
30 By 30
Get my dream camera
– Done. I bought it in February and have been doing lots of playing and learning.
15. Read 4 classic books
– pride and prejudice
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
– Jane Eyre
– Anne of Green Gables
18. Make my own hard cider
– If I can find a place to get a lot of apples and find the money to buy the equipment this will happen in
20. Become and amazing telli skier
– I’m calling this a success, but the true test will come in late November and December when we head
back out onto the slopes.
25. Volunteer 100 hours for a cause that is in line with my beliefs
– I have been volunteering at the Women’s Wilderness Institute, but I have not been keeping track of my
26. Climb 6 14ners – We are planning on climbing Longs peak in about a week so I will be able to check
that off, but I doubt any more will be climbed this year.
– Longs peak
– Mt. Evans
– Mt. Bierstadt
– Mt. Elbert
27. Get over my fear of falling
– Never went climbing so I haven’t had the chance to work on this.
28. Volunteer for a race
– I have volunteered for one of the Dash N Dines so I could do another for free and I also volunteered
for the MS 150 Bike ride.
So it is the 17th of August and I am just now getting to the point of setting my goals for the month. I am thinking the list will be short.
– Write one blog post a week. I would like to have my wedding post up by the end of the month.
– Finish putting my portfolio together
– Go on a 50 mile bike ride. I would like to do this on Sunday.
– Climb Long’s peak. We are planning on doing it next weekend.