Theme for the year: Conquoring fears and taking on the world
Complete my 12 fitness goals When I started writing out my goals I noticed that a lot of them were physical in nature. I decided to make them separate from my other 2013 goals. There are 12 of them and 12 months in the year so they have morphed into a monthly challenge. The plan is to complete one fitness goal a month and take a picture of myself doing it.
30 by 30 goals Two years ago I made a list of 30 things I wanted to do by the time I was 30. Each year I try to tackle a few items on that list. This year I am going to tackle the following 6 items:
– Read 2 classics Going to read Moby Dick and The Scarlet Letter
– Climb 2 14ners Long’s Peak and Castle Peak are the current scheduled ones. We will likely climb a few more in the front range.
– Get over my fear of falling The initial plan is to climb at the gym to get myself comfortable on the rock again. We are going to buy a new rope this spring and at that point I will slowly get myself back on the real rocks.
– Become an amazing telli skier I have been telli skiing for a few years now and have hit a wall. I have some fears of the steeps that have made it hard to continue to get better. This is the year I am going to conquer my fear.
– Compete in an Olympic triathlon I chickened out at the last-minute and switched to the sprint at the Southern Hills Triathlon. This year I am going do at least one olympic distance triathlon. I am thinking about doing the Steamboat Olympic.
– Sell a photograph This one is pretty straight forward I think. Finish putting together my Etsy shop, print a few photos, post them, and do some advertising. Well that’s the plan at least.
Complete my sewing class I bought a class on how to sew with knits, but haven’t gotten to doing it because my machine wouldn’t sew on knits (Montgomery-Ward 19something). My mom got me a new machine for a very early birthday present so I can now start working through the class. There are five different patterns that came with the class and I am most looking forward to making the yoga pants as mine are slowly falling apart.
Complete my photoshop class Another class I bought and have yet to start working on. I have been wanting to learn more about photoshop for years and finally have everything I need to do it; DSLR camera, photoshop, and someone to teach me. I will have to make a schedule to keep myself from procrastinating until January.
Start my etsy shop This is something I have been trying to do for a year or so. I think I finally have got the courage to finish what I started and get my shop up and running.
Find a dentist This is a goal I am not looking forward to completing. I hate the dentist, but I really need to get my teeth cleaned. I had a bad experience with the first dentist I went to in South Dakota and haven’t put any effort into trying to find one in Colorado. This year is the year of conquering fears, so it is time to find myself a dentist.
Look into chiropractors Another one of those annoying health items I need to work on. I have scoliosis and even though I haven’t had much back pain recently I really need to find a chiropractor while I am still young.
Win my age group at the Southern Hills Triathlon I came in 2nd last year and it pissed me off because I was in first for the swim and bike segments and then got slaughtered on the run. You will likely notice that a lot of my goals this year are running related. That is because of my 2nd place at this race. I plan on dominating the race this year.
Improve my mountain biking skills I am a lazy climber and scardy cat descender. This really annoys J so I would like to get better at pushing the limits on my mountain bike.
Run with the Boulder Running Store once a month The local running store has a group run every Wednesday and when you go to 10 you get a sweet tech shirt. I really want that shirt.